Short Sale

If you are unable to maintain the monthly payments on your home, and the value of your property is less than the amount you owe, a Short Sale may be a good solution to help you avoid Foreclosure.

A Short Sale allows you to sell your home for less than what you owe while Gregory Funding releases the liens against the property. (This option is not available in the state of Nevada.)

To apply for this solution, you must provide copies of the following documents:

  • Sales contract

  • Estimated HUD-1

  • Listing agreement

  • Copy of all recorded judgments or liens attached to the property (if applicable)

  • Most recent HOA statement, including a breakdown of all fees and costs, if funds are to be advanced through the short sale

  • Signed Third Party Authorization for anyone assisting you with this process, for example; your Realtor.

  • Interior BPO (Required for all short sales)

  • Copies of any construction liens for home improvement

Send the documents by one of the following methods:

Upload: Register or log in at


Fax: 866-712-5697, Attn: Loss Mitigation

Mail: Gregory Funding, Attn: Loss Mitigation, PO Box 230579, Tigard, OR 97281-0579


A single point of contact will be assigned to your account and will reach out to you to discuss required next steps such as gaining access to the property to determine the current market value of the home.

For additional help exploring options to manage the account, the federal government provides contact information for housing counselors located close to you, whom you can select by visiting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website at or by visiting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website at or by calling the HUD Housing Counselor Hotline toll-free at 800-569-4287.  A housing counselor can help you with household budgeting to manage mortgage loan payments and can also help you understand our loss mitigation programs and the range of foreclosure prevention options.

V1.0 3/2/2021 WEB013